Hey guys, remember me?



I know, I know…it’s been a while since I have been here, but guys, I have legitimate reasons. I would go through them all so you would understand and have compassion for me but I don’t want to bore you, so let’s just skip everything and start with the compassion, guys. Deal? Thanks.

I will do a quick high level why I haven’t been around – its work’s fault. It started when another department lost some people so I filled in for them and was doing two jobs at once. They hired some people and I was back to normal for like a week. Then two people on our team left and now I am doing two jobs at once again. The bad news is while doing two jobs I have only been getting paid once.  The good news is I was awarded the Associate of the Month. What does that mean? I now have a paperweight that says Associate of the Month on it which will come in handy if a slight breeze ever picks up in the office.

Also, for the past week I have been working in The Home Depot’s hurricane command center. It is kind of cool and we have been on several news stations including the Today Show. I tried to find the link to the video with me waving to the camera in the background, but was unsuccessful. I did find this video from Fox Business: http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/1932487849001/. I was sitting in the row of desks right behind where the picture at the 1:02 mark was taken.  Apparently, The Today Show and Fox Business have an issue with someone giving the thumbs up during their hurricane coverage broadcasts. 

I’m on the other side of all of that stuff now so hopefully I can get back into the swing of things again and squeeze in a post during lunch every now and then. I realize I have posted two times in the past 3 months and they have both been about not posting. My bad. This will only make my 10th post in 2012. Can I even call myself a blogger at this point? Probably not.  

Ok, I think I’m done now. It’s been a while since I’ve done this posting thing so my conclusions are a little rusty.

2 comments:

Ricky Anderson said...

Welcome back!

It was good to almost see you in a video.

Some Guy said...

If your conclusions are a bit rusty, I recommend WD-40.