you either didn't know about me or didn't want to.
Ok, so I have been called out. If there is anyone reading who doesn't read Bull and Ashley's blog, Beauty and the Bull, Beauty called me out yesterday. (Before I get started, if you're not reading their blog you really should, if offers up the best that the blogging world has to offer.) Apparently, there is a game of blog tag circling the bloggerdom and when you are tagged, the sportsmanly thing to do is comply. And by comply, that means write 100 facts about yourself and put it out there for the world to see. Here you go world....
1. I married out of my league.
2. And have a daughter more beautiful than I ever deserved.
3. I became a Christian when I was 12yrs old.
4. I still don’t fully understand how gracious/powerful/sovereign/loving/merciful/majestic our Father truly is.
5. I NEVER do lists like this, so feel honored Hen.
6. I call Ashley Turnbull, Mother Hen.
7. Hen drove me to school my freshman year of high school. Her brother, Tank, drove me my sophomore year. I didn’t turn 16 until the summer before my junior year.
8. I grew up in the lovely little town of Guntersville, AL. (LB grew up 30min away in Scottsboro, AL but we never knew each other then.)
9. Ada was born on my birthday – August 5. If you send presents, please send me one too.
10. Once in Kindergarten during naptime, I found a bean lying on the ground next to me and decided it would be a good idea to see how far it would go up my nose. It took my teacher, the principal, and school nurse 45min to get it out.
11. I never had to use the “spare” set of clothes they make you bring at the beginning of the year in kindergarten.
12. I was the Cookie Monster in my kindergarten play. My costume consisted of a blue sweat suit, with the hoodie pulled over my head and two huge eyeballs sewed to the top.
13. When I was in first grade I got my first pet, a dog whom I named Varmit.
14. I also had a hamster once, Hoagie, who gave birth, then ate her babies. I was scarred for a while after that.
15. In 3rd grade, one of my fellow students shaved the word “HUGO” into the back of his head after Hurricane Hugo landed in California. I thought it was cool and wanted to do it too, but Mom wouldn’t let me.
16. She did, however let me shave cornrows into the sides of my head a few years later. Why Mom? Why?
17. I once saved a 3yr old that was lost in the woods. He had followed a stray dog into the woods and lost his way. I found him curled up beside a tree crying.
18. My favorite band is Better Than Ezra
19. My favorite singer is George Strait.
20. I hate the “new” country music and miss the likes of Hank Williams Jr. and Conway Twitty.
21. My favorite worst song ever is Just a Friend by Biz Markie.
22. I used to know all the lyrics to Whoomp!! There it is, Ice Ice Baby, and Baby Got Back. Now, because I never utilized those skillz, I have forgotten all but the chorus and occasional stanzas. Use it or lose it, I guess.
23. Speaking of Stanza’s, I totaled my first car, a ’91 Nissan Stanza, when I was 17 and came out unscathed. I was only going 5mph when it happened, but the Corvette I collided with was probably going 80. Tank was behind me at the intersection when it happened and witnessed the event. He took me home after the cops let me go.
24. I have gotten three speeding tickets in my lifetime: 1 when I was 16, 1 when I was 17, one when I was 18. (Knocking on wood, that that was the last of them)
25. I am the youngest of 4 siblings, 2 sisters and a brother. The closest in age is my brother who is 15years older than me.
26. I was very much a Late-in-Life Blessing to my parents.
27. I have 2 nephews older than me. One by 5mo, one by 2yrs.
28. I owned a New Kids on the Block tape. And one time one of said nephews and I tried to learn the words and dance moves to one of their songs. Please note this was a looong time ago.
29. I am never clean-shaven. The last time I was, was probably my wedding. (2yrs ago in April.)
30. I get a haircut about once every 6mo. I get it cut really short and then let it grow.
31. It has been 4+yrs since I have been to the dentist for a cleaning. Don’t judge me, there have been reasons. I currently have an appointment at the end of April.
32. I grew up an Alabama fan, lived in Athens, GA for a year intending to go to school at UGA, and ended up moving to Auburn and graduating from there. I remain an Alabama fan.
33. In Athens, I lived in a house with members of the 2002 UGA football team, including Musa Smith who now plays for the Baltimore Ravens. He wouldn’t know me now though. He stayed in his room with the doors locked all the time and never talked to anyone.
34. I love coffee, but hate Starbucks.
35. I didn’t start drinking coffee until 2005, when I got my first job. I had to look professional, so I bought one of those metal travel coffee mugs and put it to use. I don’t know where that mug is now, but I grew to love coffee.
36. I drink my coffee very girlified: lots of sugar, lots of creamer, usually French Vanilla flavored creamer.
37. I began my first real world job 4 days after I graduated.
38. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
39. I chose my major (Logistics) while in the counselor’s office discussing what would get me out of school the quickest.
40. I am the first person in my family to graduate from college.
41. I lost 45lbs during my time at college.
42. I now drink Diet Coke for the taste; so don’t look at me funny when I order 2 double cheeseburgers and a small fry with a diet coke.
43. Sweet tea used to be my favorite drink, but I have drunk Diet Coke so long now, I can’t stand it because it tastes to sweet.
44. I am proud of the fact that I converted LB from Diet Pepsi to Diet Coke.
45. In college, I worked 20hrs a week as a jewelry engraver.
46. LB worked in the store that sold the jewelry I engraved, but we still hadn’t met each other yet.
47. I got to know Beezy by pretending to be a runner so I could spend time with her. Once I got her, I quit running. She still complains about this to this day.
48. I hate running.
49. I once ran a 5k without training because a 53yr old Runner I worked with challenged me. He still owes me a wing dinner from Taco Mac.
50. Taco Mac is one of my favorite restaurants.
51. Chili’s (Home of the Dundies) is my GO-TO restaurant and may, in fact, be my favorite restaurant. This is a tough one though, so it still up for debate.
52. I love movies and TV.
53. Favorite Drama: LOST; Favorite Sitcom: The Office
54. How I Met Your Mother is making a push to be one of my top 3 situational comedies of all time.
55. This is mostly due to Jason Segel’s acting. He cracks me up.
56. I spend hours on the internet reading theories and recaps about LOST.
57. Favorite Movie: The Shawshank Redemption.
58. I’ve never seen a scary movie that has really scared me. Sure, I have jumped occasionally, but most of them are laughable.
59. I am open to suggestions. (Hint: evil little kids freak me out.)
60. I love the Star Wars and Lord of the Rings series.
61. I claim to not like reality TV, but in “reality” I enjoy watching: The Amazing Race, Beauty and the Geek, and The Biggest Loser. I used to like American Idol, but not so much these days.
62. I currently don’t have cable. Surprising to me too.
63. I missed my bachelor party due to LB’s sweet grandmother passing away.
64. One of my best bros, Sheffer, decided to throw me an impromptu, makeshift party the weekend before my wedding. We were the only 2 in attendance and it involved taking me to The Vortex (calm down, it’s just a restaurant) in Little 5 Points then to an LPGA event held in Atlanta that someone he worked with had gotten him free tickets for. Random? Yes, but I was very appreciative.
65. I was the first of all my buddies to get married. It’s now almost 2yrs later and the last one ties the knot in June.
66. I dressed up as a woman for Halloween once. I was hot.
67. A broken finger kept me from playing football my junior year…yes, a measly broken finger.
68. I found out #67 the day after Coach Brown called me into his office and told me I was starting the next game. (It would have been my first start, but i didn't play until the next year.)
69. My best 3 friends on the football team and I were dubbed the “4 Horseman” by the head coach freshmen year. Not because of an uncanny resemblance to the famed Fighting Irish horsemen, but because we were always huddled together when we weren’t out on the field.
70. I love SEC football. I would be content every Saturday in the fall just lying on the couch, watching the 11/12pm Lincoln Financial SEC game, then the 230/330pm CBS Sports SEC game, then the 645/745 ESPN2 SEC game, only getting up for a new iced cold beverage, another slice of pizza, and potty breaks.
71. I am huge introvert.
72. I am very shy around people I don’t know.
73. I have a gripping fear of public speaking.
74. I took a zero once in school so I didn’t have to give a speech.
75. I know this is just as much pride as is an arrogant boaster…I’m still praying about it.
76. I “let loose” more while blogging because I’m not typing front of an audience. If you think my jokes are stupid, I’ll never know.
77. I read a lot of people’s blogs but rarely comment because I think they will think I am weird.
78. However, I really enjoy when people comment on my blog. Say hi if you would like.
79. I am horrible at keeping up with old buddies. I wish more of them would blog.
80. I love going to mid-week night games at Turner Field and sitting in the upper deck where no one is around, spreading out, eating peanuts and taking in the skyline and the game.
81. One of these days, I want to take off work and get to a day game very early to watch batting practice, try to get autographs, and just spend the whole day at the field.
82. I can't wait to take Ada to a game.
83. I like all things pop-culture but, can’t stand Oprah, Dr. Phil, or celebrity gossip publications.
84. Nor, do I know who Hannah Montana is.
85. I do want to compete in the World Series of Pop Culture one day. I’m looking for team members who know about subjects mentioned above that I despise.
86. Deep down, I want to know how to be a Mr. Fix-it.
87. Deep down, I know it’s just not in the DNA.
88. I look at maps and atlases for fun.
89. I am very passive aggressive and this drives LB crazy. My bad, Beezy.
90. I never call Laura Beth, Laura Beth. I have a plethora of nicknames in the rotation, but the most common is Beezy.
91. I don’t know anything about computers. I don’t know what RAM stands for or how many megahertz of it my computer has.
92. I am not a very good typer. Very slow and lots of errors, so many that even when I proofread, I still miss stuff.
93. I get LB to proof most posts before I publish them.
94. She is way smarter than me.
95. We are now 2mo into our first house.
96. It doesn’t feel like home quite yet.
97. I think, when all is said and done, I’m really going to like our new town.
98. I miss the people from our old community group.
99. But, look forward to getting to know the people in our new one.
100. I honestly can't believe I just did this.
Wow, I did it. I’m actually kind of proud of myself and it only took my hour lunch today and about 30min during Ada’s late afternoon nap. If you want back stories to any of the facts listed above let me know. If you have any you want to add, they may be fun too.
100 things about myself was tough to come up with. But, now that I have completed it, I can pass this daunting task on to someone else. First, I would like tag Beezy, just to see if she puts anything I don’t already know. Next, I will go with Lindsay Taylor, she’s relatively new to the blogging world, so it will be a good way to fully immerse her into our cult community. And last but certainly not least, BowenOwens. I appreciated her polite way of asking blogstalkers to step up and recognize today. I once typed up a post very similar to hers today entitled Role Call, but never actually published. Get to work ladies!
you either didn't know about me or didn't want to.